Eight of the sixteen men who met to create the Nassau Club in 1889 were Princeton University faculty, the thinking being that the Club would serve as both a de facto faculty club and a facility for the (male) Princeton community at large. And, in fact, the Club met at University Hall for the first fourteen years of its existence.
Today the Nassau Club is proud to host many University events, including reunions, graduations and faculty and Trustee dinners and meetings. We are always delighted to see Princeton alums, their children -- and grandchildren! -- who make the Club their "home base" when they visit.